Mikey's Big Brother 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is used for the playing of Mikey's Big Brother 2, hosted by Mikey_Elite and xsourxgumxrocksx

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HOH Creative book challenge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptainJimothy

CaptainJimothy

HOH Creative book challenge Empty
PostSubject: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 2:19 am

Source material: Island book trilogy (Shipwreck, Survival, Escape)

Characters

Luke Haggerty
- 16 years old. Handsome with shaggy brown hair and tall for his age. He is the leader of the survivors and also the only CNC member who isn’t troubled. The principle at Luke’s school found a gun in his locker, a gun belonging to Luke’s friend who framed him. He is warm hearted and friendly to all the others, except J.J who is somewhat his rival.
Portrayed by: Chris Massoglia
HOH Creative book challenge 2pyth6g

J.J Lane
– Oldest of the survivors at 17, has blonde hair and blue eyes with sharp good looking features. He is the son of a famous actor which has given him a cocky, entitled attitude. He is often jealous of Luke which causes them to clash. J.J was expelled from school for a series of actions including getting caught with alcohol in class, ditching school, and fighting with other students. After stealing his father’s motorcycle and crashing it through a museum window, his father decided to send him to CNC.
Portrayed by: Alexander Ludwig
HOH Creative book challenge Fp1nwj

Charla Swann
- 16 years old. She is African American, athletic build and almond eyes. Extremely athletic, she plays basketball and runs track for her high school. Just a sophomore but is nationally recruited and already committed to play basketball for the University of Notre Dame. Her mother passed away when she was young, so to pay for her sports her father works three jobs which is still barely enough to get by. To try to help her father out she tries to steal and sell a diamond ring from the jewelers. However after getting caught, the judge says she needs the CNC program.
Portrayed by: Keke Palmer
HOH Creative book challenge Ekl3ia

Ian Sikorsky
- 15 years old. Brown hair, green eyes, scrawny build. Ian is a self-titled “nerd” who spends most of his time watching TV and surfing the internet. His favorite channel is the Discovery channel which gives him knowledge in survival situation. He was sent to CNC for computer hacking. “This nerdy loner may very well be the difference between life and death for the entire crew.”
Portrayed by: Matt Bennett
HOH Creative book challenge 11ilp9c

Will and Lyssa Greenfield
-Will is 16, Lyssa is 15. Siblings who are constantly at each other’s throats, during one of their fights Will ends up in the hospital getting stiches. The hostility between the two is why their parents decided to send them to CNC. Will is husky and not the most attractive, while Lyssa is as Will describes “the perfect, good-looking kid of the Greenfield family.” She has dark blonde hair and green eyes.
Portrayed by:
Will: Doug Brochu

HOH Creative book challenge 1z1430w

Lyssa: Peyton List
HOH Creative book challenge 349593k

*Note on casting, you may not some of these people but I tried to keep it realistic, because an A list actor may fit the description but odds are they are never going to do a TV pilot.

Pilot:

The pilot will start off by showing six young people working on The Phoenix for the CNC (Charting a new course) program. The program takes troubled young people, and makes them work as a team on a ship for 4 weeks as they sail from Quam back to the United States. As we see each character, it will flash back a few days to show the audience why these six kids ended up in this program. First they met J.J Lane, who after hearing about his explosion from school, grabs one of his movie star fathers bottles of alcohol and his motorcycle keys and goes for a joy ride. J.J ends up losing control of the motorcycle and crashes it through a museum window. J.J’s father being a celebrity has its privileges and he is able to keep his son out of legal trouble, however on the car ride back home he tells J.J he will be leaving for the CNC program.
The camera returns to the boat and we are introduced to Charla Swann. When the audience firsts sees her flashback, they see her apartment which tells the audience her family does not have very much money. Charla is eating breakfast with her dad, who tells her that he cannot make it to her basketball game because he is has to work at two of his jobs all day and into the early morning. Charla is disappointed because her dad had not been to a game all season and this was the day she was going to sign her letter of intent to play college basketball for Notre Dame, even though she was just a sophomore . After the basketball game Charla is walking home and she walks past a jewelry store, where she sees plenty of expensive diamonds. Charla gets the idea that if she were to steal just one diamond she could sell it and maybe her dad wouldn’t have to work as much to pay for her sports, because she could use her new diamond money. Having never stole anything in her life, Charla has no real idea of how to pull it off and ultimately she is caught. The police give her an option of paying a hefty fine or four weeks on the CNC program, easy choice for a family with no money.
As the camera returns back to the present, the audience sees a girl and boy bickering back and forth, the next flashback introduces Will and Lyssa Greenfield. At their New York home Will and Lyssa are in yet another fight, they are shouting back and forth and their parents are trying to break them up to no avail. Lyssa eventually pushes Will, who trips over his feet and crashes into some cabinets. The cabinet topples over and a glass vase shatters and cuts Wills forearm, he is rushed to the hospital and given fifteen stiches. While in the waiting room Mr. Greenfield informs Lyssa that both her and Will would be going on a program that will make them get along and work together.
Panning back to the ship, Ian Sikorsky is checking anchor lines, and then the show goes into his flashback. Ian is in the schools computer lab working on two computers. He is hacking into the school system and gaining access to tests that are stored on the schools private server. As Ian was finishing up, the school principle and super intendant walk in. They were informed of his actions once he broke through the firewall. The principle gives Ian a choice, he can be expelled and get marked on his public records or he goes to CNC for four weeks.
Once again the camera is back on the ship and Luke Haggerty is staring at his reflection in the bathroom mirror when his flashback begins. Luke is sitting in class when the intercom buzzes and the school secretary announces “Luke Haggerty to the office, please.” Luke arrives to the principal’s office where he sees his parents and two police officers. The principle reveals that they had found a gun in Luke’s locker. When Luke denies the claims, a police officer holds up the gun which Luke knows is his friend Reese’ gun, but he doesn’t say a word. The police tell Luke that in order to avoid juvenile detention he can choose the CNC program. He does.
The pilot will also pick up one week into the four week cruise. A storm is approaching and when it gets to the boat they are caught up in it. The captain is swept overboard and shortly after the first mate, Mr. Radford abandons on the lifeboat as the ship is taking in water. The kids decide to abandon the ship and swim to a nearby island using life vests and debris that fell off of the ship. Ian, Charla, and Luke wash up on the island first. An unconscious Will washes up next. J.J and Lyssa are nowhere to be found. Ian suggests that maybe they didn’t make it but Luke says that the need to search the beach and make shelter. End pilot.

Direction of the series:
I read this book when I was younger; it is made for middle school age kids so the first change I made was making the kids older. In the book the kids are 12-15, I made them 15-17 because that is more believable to an audience, especially for a survival story. I then expanded back stories a little bit and matured the characters. After the pilot episode, there is going to be many challenges, learning to live on the island, finding the others are among the things that will develop over the course of the first season. Will waking up with amnesia and not remembering the ship or his sister will be a solid story arch. Once, the group finds Lyssa and J.J, J.J will start to challenge Luke and test him, resenting his authority. Season 2 brings in illegal traders, One of the kids being shot, relationships forming between the kids. Also with the maturation of the kids, the danger will up'd, the violence will be up'd.
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:19 am

Quote :

Home town represent!
Back to top Go down
https://mikeysbigbrother2.forumotion.com
CaptainJimothy

CaptainJimothy

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:24 am

really? what are the odds!
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:26 am

Laughing Love how you say it like you actually care.

Yeah, born and raised before moving to Staten Island, and the Boston, then NH(I try and forget that), MA and now the ...ethnically diverse...RI
Back to top Go down
CaptainJimothy

CaptainJimothy

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:28 am

I care lol! It's pretty cool. So you've been around the New England area huh? Cool!
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:30 am

Well, I have been all around the United States and Europe and Canada, but mostly just vacations and whatnot. But yeah, I've lived in several places around New England. I lived in Colorado for a bit, but that doesn't really count since it was a stupid short stay and I can't even remember why the hell I was sent there(boarding school). But yup....I get around.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJimothy

CaptainJimothy

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:32 am

See that's cool stuff. I think. How are the submissions so far?
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:33 am

Well, I have two. I like both. Not sure if I am judging, probably because I haven't sent anyone else up and John is flaking - yet again - mhm, I know you're reading this Dino - shame on you! - so I will have to call in some favors with that.

But yeah, it's good. Fierce competition.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJimothy

CaptainJimothy

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:35 am

Just don't let kim judge... lol
I still can't believe Nicole won that movie poster contest. It was the furthest from a movie poster...
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:38 am

haha. Well, I did agree that I did not think it was "the best" and probably would have received a lower score from me, but since Neil and Kim sent me their scores before I could judge, I already knew who would win when I would do my scoring and that wouldn't be very....what's the word I'm thinking of....fair? Sure, that works.

Kim gave it a 9 though because it was "cute" so....I guess cuteness helps....
Back to top Go down
CaptainJimothy

CaptainJimothy

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:41 am

Oh yeah it wasn't bad by any means but the contest was movie poster not postcard lol. I thought about doing that challenge but then I was like this is harder than I thought and I was out.
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:43 am

Laughing Well I gave you a link to a website and it takes, like, literally 3 minutes to make one. I wasn't kidding when I said only a few minutes. But people see 'creative challenge' and think "work...ew"
Back to top Go down
CaptainJimothy

CaptainJimothy

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:45 am

That's exactly what I think lol. I NEVER do creative challenges but this one here was right up my alley so not only did I do it, I actually liked it. It's like my Cabelas challenge, I love it, especially being an outdoorsy guy I think it's fun to judge.
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:48 am

Yay! Glad somebody enjoyed it! I love creative challenges and judging - SUCK IT, ARIK - and find them much more interesting. I HATE the outdoors. Well, like as in trees and shit, but I liked your Cabelas challenge(s) because 1. I won, duh 2. I judged, duh.

IDK, I just really like creative challenges because I don't need to speed rush or work with others. Mostly the latter. Happy you liked it.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJimothy

CaptainJimothy

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:50 am

They usually are a tab bit more fair. As a host I think you realize how unfair speed challenges are so you try to throw in creative ones.
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:53 am

Yeah, not huge on speed - though we've had a few of them - but yeah, I throw in the creative ones because people claim they can do better with those, so might as well keep it fair. Plus it moves the game along quicker since BB takes so damn long.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJimothy

CaptainJimothy

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:57 am

yeah thats why you should do hoh and veto in the same night, makes things go faster. thats how my mystery hunger games will work :p
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:00 am

Well I would consider doing that, however at this point it's pretty moot. Veto tonight. F3 HoH Part 1 and 2 Monday. Part 3 on Tuesday. Then all that other jury shit as I start casting my survivor mystery game.

So is the hold up on your game because Dan is supposed to set up the forum or because he is supposed to host?
Back to top Go down
CaptainJimothy

CaptainJimothy

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:02 am

hes doing the forum yeah but im also busy with school.
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:05 am

I see. Yeah, I wonder what was up with him. He threw kinda a bitchfit and then just disappeared. IDK. School</3 School is for nerds.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJimothy

CaptainJimothy

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:06 am

lol it is what it is. yeah idk what happened to him either but he did get busy with work i think.
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:08 am

Oh, I'm sure he just got so overwhelmed with all the responsibility that comes with baking banana bread and updating an online forum once a month.

But I'm just a bitch because ya know, we don't like each other.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJimothy

CaptainJimothy

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:10 am

lol hes like the nicest guy around. whats to hate?
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:13 am

He had a problem with me over Galapagos and then because I wouldn't play in the Bettisboy series because me and Bettis don't like each other(you'll come to learn that there are very few I get along with) and then one night he seemed to just wanna have a random issue with me. So, IDK, maybe he's bipolar or needs to get laid idk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOH Creative book challenge   HOH Creative book challenge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HOH Creative book challenge
Page 1 of 1